Queenwood Parents’ Association
The Queenwood Parents’ Association (QPA) aims to foster strong relationships between Queenwood families and to support and provide practical assistance to the School for the benefit of all students.
Although it is independently constituted, the QPA works closely with the School and its activities are governed by its constitution and managed by a committee elected by members. Click here for the current committee. All Queenwood parents are warmly invited to join the QPA, to participate in its activities, and to contribute to its organisation and management. The best way to keep up to date with the QPA’s activities is through the weekly newsletter, and by coming to its regular meetings.
A strong sense of community is a striking characteristic of Queenwood and the QPA aims to nurture this and bring the school community together through its social functions, its support groups for particular areas (eg Rowing and Drama), and its fundraising. A range of events and services are offered each year such as the second-hand uniform service, and coordination of musical instrument sales. The QPA Year Reps also play a key role by welcoming families to Queenwood, organising events for particular year groups and providing regular information updates.
To contact your Year Rep click here.
To find out more about becoming a Year Rep click here.
For any further queries, contact the QPA here email@example.com
Studies have shown that the best learning happens where parents and school are working effectively together. By joining the QPA you can directly support your daughter’s education. The QPA has a strong and effective partnership with the School, and QPA activities have also generated significant funds which have been applied to a wide range of purposes across the school. Examples of how these funds have been applied in the last few years include:
- Providing significant support for Queenwood families experiencing hardship.
- Bringing artists and writers to work with the girls in special workshops.
- Significant upgrades to the audio and lighting in Astra Theatre.
- Sporting equipment
- Musical instruments
- Vege Pods for Junior School
- Noticeboards and Honour Boards
- Playground equipment and seating
The fees of members are used to welcome those new to Queenwood and build connections between all Queenwood families by:
- hosting the annual Welcome Back Cocktail Party for the parent community;
- organising a calendar of enjoyable family events for Year Groups or for special occasions;
- arranging a wide range of activities such as the Golf Day or inspiring guest speakers;
- providing a forum through which the School can regularly consult with parents;
- holding regular general meetings open to all members.
For details of key events click here.
TYPES OF MEMBERSHIP
Annual fee per family – $45/year
Junior School (K-6) 7 Year Membership – $270 (a saving of $45)
Senior School (7-12) 6 Year Membership – $225 (a saving of $45)
To become a member today please submit a form through www.trybooking.com/187883