Queenwood Parents’ Association
The Queenwood Parents’ Association (QPA) aims to:
- Help to enable the school’s master plan through fundraising events which help to fund projects that further enhance the girls’ learning experience
- Create a community of like-minded parents to support the school through the committee and through community events
BRINGING THE QUEENWOOD COMMUNITY TOGETHER
A strong sense of community is a striking characteristic of Queenwood and the QPA aims to nurture this and bring the school community together through its social functions, its support groups, and it’s fundraising. A range of events and services are offered each year:
- Social events and fundraising – held throughout the year
- Parent support - the QPA year reps play a key role by welcoming families to Queenwood, organising events for particular year groups and providing regular information updates
- Pre-loved uniform sale – held throughout the year
Calendar of events
We hold a series of exciting events throughout the year that caters for everyone. Please mark your diaries and attend. They promise to be a lot of fun:
- Welcome back cocktail event – February
- Father’s Day, Astra Theatre lobby – Thursday 31 August
- Mother’s Day (K-2) – Friday 12 May
- Golf Day – Tuesday 17 October
- Melbourne Cup Day lunch – Tuesday 7 November
- QPA meetings – TBC
- QPA AGM – TBC
- Parent rep meetings – TBC
We always need help to organise and to run our events, and we would love to hear from you if you are interested in volunteering at some of these events. It is a great way to support our daughters, meet parents from all year groups and make new friends. To volunteer, you can sign up here.
To contact your Year Rep click here.
To find out more about becoming a Year Rep click here.
For any further queries, contact the QPA here email@example.com
Studies have shown that the best learning happens where parents and school are working effectively together. By joining the QPA you can directly support your daughter’s education. The QPA has a strong and effective partnership with the School, and QPA activities have also generated significant funds which have been applied to a wide range of purposes across the school. Examples of how these funds have been applied in the last few years include:
- Providing significant support for Queenwood families experiencing hardship.
- Bringing artists and writers to work with the girls in special workshops.
- Significant upgrades to the audio and lighting in Astra Theatre.
- Sporting equipment
- Musical instruments
- Vege Pods for Junior School
- Noticeboards and Honour Boards
- Playground equipment and seating
The fees of members are used to welcome those new to Queenwood and build connections between all Queenwood families by:
- hosting the annual Welcome Back Cocktail Party for the parent community;
- organising a calendar of enjoyable family events for Year Groups or for special occasions;
- arranging a wide range of activities such as the Golf Day or inspiring guest speakers;
- providing a forum through which the School can regularly consult with parents;
- holding regular general meetings open to all members.
For details of key events click here.
TYPES OF MEMBERSHIP
Annual fee per family – $45/year
Junior School (K-6) 7 Year Membership – $270 (a saving of $45)
Senior School (7-12) 6 Year Membership – $225 (a saving of $45)
To become a member today please submit a form through www.trybooking.com/187883